Alberta has invited 200 candidates in two new draws through the Express Entry-linked stream of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program.
In a January 23 draw, the province invited 154 candidates with a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 385
On January 19, 46 invitations were issued with a minimum score of 324.
Important requirements for the stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification and have family ties to the province.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Alberta To Give Preference To Canada Immigration Candidates Who Have Family In Province
Alberta Hits Provincial Nominee Program Nomination Limit For 2022
Canada Labour Shortage: Top 10 Most In-Demand Jobs In Alberta
Alberta Express Entry 2023 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
Alberta met its federal government allocation of 6,500 provincial nominations for 2022.
The province also has 1,152 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 276 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AAIP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 62020 – Food service supervisors
- 62010 – Retail sales supervisors
- 63200 – Cooks
- 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- 13110 – Administrative assistants
- 42202 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 73300 – Transport truck drivers
- 12200 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 60030 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 21222 – Information systems specialists
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation