The first draw, which took place on October 5, saw 150 invitations issued to candidates with a family connection and skills and experience in a primary occupation in demand. It required a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 323 points.
A further 13 invitations were issued in the second draw on October 10, to candidates for the Designated Healthcare Pathway with an Alberta job offer. The minimum CRS was 327.
A draw on October 24 saw 22 invitations issued, also through the Designated Healthcare Pathway with an Alberta job offer. On this occasion, the minimum score was 326.
The fourth draw, on October 26, saw 100 invitations to candidates with a family connection and skills and experience in a primary occupation in demand. It required a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 369 points.
Alberta has an allocation of 9,750 provincial nominations for 2023, up from 6,500 in 2022.
The province has issued 9,028 nominations so far this year.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Alberta Express Entry Draws
|Date||NOIs sent||Parameters||Lowest CRS|
|26-Oct-23||100||Family connection and primary occupation in demand, CRS score 300-500||369|
|24-Oct-23||22||Dedicated Healthcare Pathway with Alberta job offer, CRS score 300 and above||326|
|10-Oct-23||13||Dedicated Healthcare Pathway with Alberta job offer, CRS score 300 and above||327|
|05-Oct-23||150||Family connection and primary occupation in demand, CRS score 300-500||323|
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AAIP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 62020 – Food service supervisors
- 63200 – Cooks
- 62010 – Retail sales supervisors
- 13110 – Administrative assistants
- 12200 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 65201 – Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
- 13100 – Administrative officers
- 73300 – Transport truck drivers
- 21222 – Information systems specialists
- 60020 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation