In the February 16 draw, candidates required a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 357.
Important requirements for the stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification and have family ties to the province.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Alberta Express Entry Draw: Province Invites 200 Candidates, Minimum CRS Of 324
Alberta To Give Preference To Canada Immigration Candidates Who Have Family In Province
Alberta Express Entry Draw: Province Invites 129 Candidates, Minimum CRS Of 305
Alberta Express Entry 2023 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
Alberta has an allocation of 9,750 provincial nominations for 2023, up from 6,500 in 2022.
The province currently has 1,370 applications pending under the Alberta Opportunity Stream and 450 under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AAIP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 62020 – Food service supervisors
- 62010 – Retail sales supervisors
- 63200 – Cooks
- 13110 – Administrative assistants
- 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- 42202 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 21222 – Information systems specialists
- 60020 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 73300 – Transport truck drivers
- 60030 – Restaurant and food service managers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation