Canada immigration news: Alberta has announced the details of a new draw through the Express Entry-linked stream of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program.
The July 29 draw saw 120 candidates invited, with a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 473, the highest this year through Alberta Express Entry.
Important requirements for the stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, and are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Read More Canada Immigration News
New Alberta Express Entry Draw Sees Lowest CRS Score Of 2022
New Alberta Express Entry Draw Sees Province Invite 100 Canada Immigration Candidates
Alberta Employers Get Boost With Lifting Of Temporary Worker Restrictions
Alberta Express Entry 2022 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
Alberta has a federal government allocation of 6,500 provincial nominations for 2022. It has currently issued 3,877.
The province also has 1,150 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 400 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AAIP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisor
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving a notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation