Canada immigration news: An updated version of the base category of British Columbia’s Entrepreneur Immigration stream will reopen in July 2022, the province has announced.
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) has been paused for a review since July 2021.
In an announcement on the BCPNP website, the province said a new guide for the stream would be published when it reopens.
Candidates for the EI stream must meet requirements including a net worth of $600,000, investing at least $200,000 in a new or existing business and creating one full time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
British Columbia also operates Regional Pilot and Strategic Projects business categories, both of which remain open.
Read More Canada Immigration News
British Columbia Sets Aside $12M To Attract Foreign-Trained Nurses For Canada Immigration
Update Expected In May On British Columbia Entrepreneur Category Pause
Health and Early Childhood Educator Occupations Targeted In British Columbia PNP Changes
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
Eligibility Requirements for Main Category
- The personal net worth of minimum $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest minimum $200,000 in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business in BC.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, BY THE TIME OF NOMINATION.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- Net worth of minimum $300,000.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum of 51% ownership in the new business.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit in the target community
Eligibility Requirements for Communities
- A population of fewer than 75,000 people.
- Located beyond 30 km of a municipality of more than 75,000 people.
- Demonstrate capacity to support the entrepreneur through a network of established settlement and business support agencies.
Watch Canada Immigration Video