British Columbia immigration has conducted a new provincial draw, issuing 437 invitations to apply with certain jobs excluded due to coronavirus restrictions.
The 31 excluded occupations are those for which a high-volume of applicants has recently been approved in other draws.
The Aug. 7 draw featured invitations through five streams of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program.
The minimum score for the SI – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream was 76. Both the SI – Skilled Worker and EEBC – Skilled Worker streams had minimum scores of 97. The SI-International Graduate and EEBC-International Graduate streams had scores of 98.
Explicitly excluded from this draw are:
- (0621) Retail and wholesale trade managers
- (0631) Restaurant and food service managers
- (0632) Accommodation service managers
- (0651) Managers in customer and personal services
- (3236) Massage therapists
- (6211) Retail sales supervisors
- (6311) Food service supervisors
- (6313) Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors
- (6321) Chefs
- (6322) Cooks
- (6341) Hairstylists and barbers
- (6421) Retail salespersons
- (6511) Maître d’s and hosts and hostesses
- (6512) Bartenders
- (6513) Food and beverage servers
- (6521) Travel counsellors
- (6522) Pursers and flight attendants
- (6523) Airline ticket and service agents
- (6524) Ground and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks
- (6525) Hotel front desk clerks
- (6531) Tour and travel guides
- (6532) Outdoor sport and recreational guides
- (6533) Casino occupations
- (6562) Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- (6564) Other personal service occupations
- (6611) Cashiers
- (6621) Service station attendants
- (6711) Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
- (6721) Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services
- (6722) Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport
- (6731) Light duty cleaners
5 Reasons to Apply for Canada Immigration
Canada’s Flexible Immigration System Pivots and Adapts in Coronavirus Response
British Columbia Conducts New Immigration Draw With Coronavirus-Specific Conditions
Coronavirus: How Canada’s Provincial Immigration Programs Are Reacting
Did You Get Invited in the Latest B.C. Immigration Draw?
|Date||Category||Minimum Score||Invitations Issued|
|Aug. 7, 2020||SI – Skilled Worker||97||Total: 437|
|SI – International Graduate||98|
|EEBC – Skilled Worker||97|
|SI-Entry Level and Semi-Skilled||76|
|EEBC – International Graduate||98|
Video: Insights on Express Entry:
A coveted provincial nomination effectively guarantees selection under the Canada Express Entry System, worth 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.