Nova Scotia immigration has targeted candidates with skilled job offers in a new draw through the province’s Express Entry-linked Labour Market Priorities stream,
To qualify for the December 1 draw, candidates needed a job offer lasting at least one year after the issuance of permanent residence.
Candidates were also required to have one year of relevant work experience and a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 5 or higher in English or French.
Those receiving a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program have until December 31, 2020, to submit a complete application.
Nova Scotia Immigration Draw Targets Programmers and Developers Under NOC 2174
Nova Scotia Conducts First Business Draw Since Start of Coronavirus Pandemic
Nova Scotia Immigration Draw: Province Targets Mechanics Through Labour Market Priorities Stream
Requirements for December 1 Nova Scotia Immigration Draw
- Job offer from a Nova Scotia employer for full-time skilled work lasting at least one year after issuance of permanent resident visa.
- One year of skilled work experience related to the job.
- Canadian high school credential or equivalent.
- Language ability in English or French at Canadian Language Benchmark 5.
- Apply no later than December 31, 2020.
What Are The General Requirements For Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities?
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.
Video: How PNP Immigrants Can Move Anywhere in Canada
The Labour Market Priorities stream was launched in August 2018 to give Nova Scotia the flexibility to target certain occupations and candidates through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.
Draws have been conducted aimed at:
- Registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123).
- Carpenters (NOC 7271).
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111).
- Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
- Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
- Motor vehicle body repairers and automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOCs 7322 or 7321).
- Programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174).