Ontario immigration issued Notifications of Interest to 954 Express Entry candidates in its first Tech Draw of 2020, and the first since August 1, 2019.
The January 15 draw featured a Comprehensive Ranking System score range of 460 to 427, with candidates required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between January 15, 2019 and January 15, 2020.
Tech Draws fall under the Human Capital Priorities stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, focusing on six specific technology occupations (listed below).
This was the third Tech Draw since Ontario announced the initiative in 2019. See below for full details of how HCP Tech Draws work.
Ontario Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw
|Date/time NOIs issued||Number of NOIs issued||Profiles created in IRCC’s Express Entry system||CRS score range|
|January 15, 2020 10am EST||954||January 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020||460-472|
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019, focused on six specific technology occupations:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
Ontario Immigration Calls On Federal Government To Double Provincial Allocation To 13,300
Ontario Immigration Invites 667 Candidates In Largest Skilled Trades Draw of 2019
Ontario Receives 700 Extra Spaces After Reaching 2019 Nomination Allocation
As part of the focus on technology occupations, Ontario also launched a new Business Immigration Services team.
Dedicated staff are on hand to help employers looking to fill tech worker vacancies.
Employers can also get up-to-date information about application processing times and nominations issued to date.
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2020
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||954|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||242|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||0|