Qualified Civil Engineers (NOC 2131) are likely to find multiple options for Canada immigration.
The occupation is one of those among the top 10 Canada Express Entry jobs for 2019, according to the latest figures on Invitations to Apply.
It is also included under the BC PNP Tech Pilot, making it one of 29 jobs given priority processing for British Columbia immigration.
Civil Engineers: Duties
- Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements,
- Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications,
- Develop construction specifications and procedures,
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials,
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work,
- Conduct field services for civil works,
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations,
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules,
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations,
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites,
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports,
- Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work.
- Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects,
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
Civil Engineers can attract competitive salaries in Canada, particularly in major cities.
Significantly higher renumeration is available in Calgary, where experienced Civil Engineers can expect to make more than $120,000 per year.
This compares favourably to other major cities including Vancouver, Toronto and Edmonton, where salaries top out in the region of $107,000 to $108,000.
Entry-level Civil Engineers, meanwhile, can expect to be paid in the region of $50,000 to $60,000, the latest data shows.
How Immigration.ca Can Help Electrical Engineering Technicians Move to Canada
At immigration.ca we offer our international clients top to bottom assistance in both immigration and employment.
We provide individual Global Talent Stream work permit candidates with:
- Comprehensive job search service through our in-house recruitment enterprises, skilledworker.com and grnmontreal.com.
- Contacts to 500 Canadian employers.
- Live face-to-face tutorial on how to harness the power of LinkedIn.
- Expert advice on revising online profiles to maximise hiring opportunities.
Once candidates are in Canada and working through the GTS, they can apply for permanent residence through Express Entry or an applicable provincial nomination program (PNP).
Immigration.ca will maximize your chances with:
- Expert advice on how to maximize your profile score in the Express Entry Pool.
- Strategies on which areas of your profile could be improved to increase your score.
- Targeting provincial Express Entry streams that may be looking for candidates like you.
- Exploring the full range of Canada immigration options, both within and outside Express Entry.
How We Can Help Employers Looking To Hire A Civil Engineer
If you are an employer looking to recruit foreign talent from abroad, immigration.ca can help. Access our expertise through our in-house recruitment enterprises, www.grnmontreal.com and our newest asset, www.skilledworker.com, “the leader in foreign recruitment”.
From technology workers in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, Long-haul truck drivers in the Prairies and doctors in Nova Scotia we are able and ready to help with your search for the right staff to get your business grow.