Manitoba has issued 589 invitations to apply in a new Canada immigration draw through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
The June 1 draw saw LAAs issued through three MPNP streams.
A batch of 262 invitations with a lowest score of 607 went to Skilled Workers in Manitoba candidates currently employed in Manitoba in one of the following major group occupations:
- 11 – Professional occupations in finance and business
- 13 – Administrative occupations and transportation logistics occupations
- 21 – Professional occupations in natural and applied sciences
- 42 – Front-line public protection services and paraprofessional occupations in legal, social, community, education services
- 44 – Care providers and legal and public protection support occupations
Meanwhile, Skilled Workers in Manitoba candidates in all occupations received 240 LAAs, with a minimum score of 669 points.
International Education Stream candidates received 56 LAAs.
The remaining 31 LAAs went to Skilled Workers Overseas candidates through a Strategic Recruitment Initiative, with a minimum score of 801.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Manitoba PNP Draw: Province Majors On Truck Drivers For Canada Immigration Invitations
Manitoba PNP Draw: Province Issues 539 Canada Immigration Invitations
Manitoba Skilled Workers Overseas Draw: Province Issues 558 Canada Immigration Invitations
Manitoba stated that 214 of the 589 candidates invited had valid Express Entry IDs and job seeker validation codes.
In a separate draw on May 25, Manitoba issued 29 invitations as part of its special immigration measures for Ukraine.
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of Ukraine;
- have a minimum of CLB 4 in each language band;
- have established connection to Manitoba (close relative, family-like, community, previous employment or studies in Manitoba);
- have a valid language test; and
- score at least 60 points according to MPNP assessment criteria.
For detailed requirements of all the streams featured in this draw, please see below.
What Were the Details of the Latest Manitoba Draw?
|Stream||Sub-Stream||Letters of Advice to Apply||Score of Lowest Ranked Candidate|
|1) Skilled Workers in Manitoba||Occupation-specific selection||262||607|
|2) International Education Stream||56||–|
|3) Skilled Workers Overseas||Strategic Recruitment Initiative||31||801|
|4) Special Immigration Measures for Ukraine||29||60|
How Do I Qualify For The Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream?
The Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM) is based on the specific needs of Manitoba employers. SWM selects foreign-trained workers with the required skills and nominates them for Canada permanent residence. The stream prioritizes candidates with a strong attachment to Manitoba, with two pathways to Manitoba immigration.
a) Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
For applicants currently working in Manitoba on temporary work permits, through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or as international graduates from any province. Candidates do not need to be working in In-Demand Occupations.
b) Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
For applicants from overseas with job offers from approved Manitoba employers.
How Do I Qualify For The Skilled Worker Overseas Stream?
The Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO) includes both a dedicated Canada Express Entry Pathway and a direct provincial pathway.
It is aimed at international skilled workers with skills and training in Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations. Priority is given to applicants and spouses with close family connections, plus the language proficiency, training and experience to find jobs quickly.
a) Manitoba Express Entry Pathway
For international candidates eligible under another MPNP stream, who also meet Express Entry criteria and have an active Express Entry profile. Candidates need skills, training and experience in one of Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations, and a strong family connection to the province.
b) Human Capital Pathway
For international skilled workers with skills, training and experience in one of Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations. Candidates must demonstrate potential to find employment soon after they arrive in Manitoba.
What Are The Requirements For the International Education Stream?
The International Education Stream (IES) is dedicated to international graduates from Manitoba colleges and universities. Under IES, candidates are no longer required to work for six months in their field before applying for an MPNP nomination. It has three pathways:
1) Career Employment Pathway
Eligibility requirements include:
- Completed a one-year or longer course from an eligible post-secondary Manitoba institution within three years of submission of application.
- Have a full-time job offer in a Manitoba In-Demand occupation related to the completed degree
- Resident of Manitoba
2) Graduate Internship Pathway
Masters and Doctoral degree holders who have completed Mitacs Accelerate or Elevate internships can apply for nomination through internships even without a job offer in the province.
3) Student Entrepreneur Pathway
Eligibility requirements include:
- Completed a two-year or longer course from an eligible post-secondary Manitoba institution
- Six months business operation experience in Manitoba
- Resident of Manitoba since graduation.
- No specific minimum personal net worth requirement