Canada immigration news: The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score dropped to 301 as Alberta immigration issued invitations to 181 candidates in a new Express Entry draw.
The July 14 Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program draw saw the minimum score drop to one point lower than the previous draw.
Important requirements for the Alberta Express Entry stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, and are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Alberta Express Entry Draw: Province Issues 148 Immigration Invitations
Alberta Express Entry Draw: CRS of 300, 184 Immigration Invitations
Alberta Express Entry Draw: 191 Invitations, Minimum CRS 300
Alberta Express Entry 2021 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
While federal government nomination limits for 2021 are not yet available, Alberta has 1,375 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 300 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AINP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation