A new Alberta Express Entry draw saw the province issue invitations to 200 candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores as low as 302.
The new draw took place on April 6 through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.
Important requirements for the Alberta Express Entry stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, and are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Alberta Draw Targets 300 Express Entry Candidates With Minimum Scores As Low As 301
Alberta Express Entry Draw: 200 Invites Issued With Minimum CRS of 301
As Alberta Immigration Returns to Normal in 2021, Oil and Gas, Agriculture to Boost Economy
Alberta Express Entry 2021 Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-ranked Candidate|
While federal government nomination limits for 2021 are not yet available, Alberta has 2,175 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 200 expression of interest applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool.
High Number of Applications
Alberta says a high number of AINP applications have been received in the following occupations, meaning they may take longer to process:
- 6311 – Foodservice supervisors
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
- 6322 – Cooks
- 7511 – Transport truck drivers
- 1241 – Administrative assistants
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 4214 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- 1221 – Administrative officers
What are the Requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation