Canada immigration news: A new draw through the Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream saw the province issue 986 Notifications of Interest.
The June 1 draw targeted candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores in the range of 300 to 379, significantly lower than the previous draw.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles into the federal pool within the 12 months preceding the draw date to qualify.
More Canada Immigration News
Ontario International Student EOI Draw: Province Invites 158 Candidates
Ontario EOI Draw Sees 64 Invitations Issued To Regional Immigration Pilot Candidates
Ontario Invites 138 International Students In New Expression Of Interest Draw
Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream 2021
|CRS Score Range
|Express Entry profile submission date
|June 1 2020 to June 1 2021
|January 13, 2020 to January 13, 2021
Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades Stream
The Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream targets skilled trades workers in the construction and agricultural sectors but could be expanded in the future.
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- At least 12 months of paid cumulative or continuous Ontario work experience with the last two years prior to your Notification of Interest in National Occupation Classification 633, or major groups 72, 73 or 82;
- Proof of Ontario license or certification if your occupation so requires;
- A valid work permit and be resident in Ontario at the time of application;
- English or French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 or above in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- Proof of settlement fund to cover you and your dependents, with the minimum amount determined by official Low-Income Cut-Offs.