A new Tech Draw through Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream saw 668 Notifications of Interest issued.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on December 15, with the invited candidates scoring between 460 and 468 Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between December 15, 2019 and December 15, 2020.
Tech Draws target six technology occupations:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
Technical Issues Forces Closure of Ontario’s Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
Ontario Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream Reaches Intake Limit For 2020
Ontario Targets 9 Occupations With 443 NOIs In New Human Capital Priorities Draw
As part of the focus on technology occupations, Ontario also launched a new Business Immigration Services team.
Dedicated staff are on hand to help employers looking to fill tech worker vacancies.
Employers can also get up-to-date information about application processing times and nominations issued to date.
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2020
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||6,048|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||902|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||1,464|