A new Ontario immigration Tech Draw through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream saw the province issue 528 Notifications if Interest.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on April 13, with the invited candidates scoring between 456 and 467 Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between April 13, 2020 and April 13, 2021.
Tech Draws target six technology occupations:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream Changes Aim To Ease Application Process
Strong 2020 Demand For Ontario Immigration Despite Impact of COVID-19
Ontario’s New Expression of Interest System: More Details Emerge
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.