Registered nurses (NOC 3012) were targeted for Nova Scotia immigration in the province’s latest draw through its Express Entry-linked Labour Market Priorities stream.
The October 28 draw saw 430 Letters of Interest issued to registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses by the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.
Three years of work experience, a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 8 in English or French and the completion of a bachelor’s degree or other valid three-year nursing course were central requirements to be included in the draw.
Requirements for October 28 Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Draw
- Primary occupation of a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012).
- Letters of reference from employers to demonstrate they have 3 or more years of experience as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse.
- Canadian Language Benchmark score of 8 or higher in English or French in all language abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or another institute.
- Have submitted an expression of interest to the Express Entry pool on or after November 1, 2018.