Ontario immigration’s first draw of 2021 through its Entrepreneur Stream saw the province issue 21 Invitations to Apply.
The July 7 draw saw ITAs issued to Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) candidates scoring between 146 and 200 points.
Candidates who submitted an Expression of Interest by June 29, 2021 were eligible for consideration.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Province Speeds Up Process, Reduces Monitoring Burden
Ontario Now Accepting Expressions of Interest For Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
Ontario Express Entry Draw: Province Issues 583 NOIs Targeting 10 Occupations
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: 2021 Draws
|Date||Invitations Issued||Minimum score range|
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Financial Requirements
1) Net Worth
- Minimum net worth of $800,000 if your proposed business will be in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Outside the GTA, minimum net worth is $400,000.
- Proposed business in either ICT or digital communications, minimum net worth is $400,000 anywhere in province.
2) Investment and Ownership
- Invest at least $600,000 in an Ontario business and own at least 33 per cent of business is in GTA.
- Outside GTA, invest at least $200,000 and own at least 33 per cent.
- Proposed business in either ICT or digital communications, invest at least $200,000 and own at least 33 per cent anywhere in the province.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Non-Financial Requirements
- At least 24 months of full-time business experience in the past 60 months, as an owner or senior manager.
- Create two full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the proposed company if located inside the GTA. Business located outside the GTA, or in either ICT or digital communications, must create one full-time job.
- Make an exploratory visit to Ontario in the 12 months prior to application. Note: This only applies to those buying an existing business.
- Minimum CLB 4 in English or French.
- Physically reside in Ontario for at least 75% of the time you are managing the business.