Ontario immigration has issued 64 invitations in a new Expression of Interest draw targeting Regional Immigration Pilot candidates.
The May 25 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program draw saw invitations issued to candidates who submitted profiles between April 28 and May 25 to the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream. There was no score range published.
Ontario Express of Interest Draw
|Date issued||Number of invitations issued||Date profiles created||Score range||Notes|
|May 25, 2021||64||April 28 – May 25, 2021||N/A||Targeted draw for Regional Immigration Pilot candidates.|
Ontario Invites 138 International Students In New Expression Of Interest Draw
First Ontario Expression of Interest Draw Targets 23 Health, Skilled Trades Occupations
New Ontario French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw Sees 102 NOIs Issued
The pilot, which falls under the Employer Job Offer category, is designed to use the OINP to bring skilled labour not available locally to smaller Ontario communities.
To qualify candidates must have a permanent job offer from one of the three participating communities:
- Quinte West/Belleville.
Candidates must also meet the criteria for one of the Ontario Employer Job Offer streams, namely:
- Foreign Worker.
- International Student.
- In-Demand Skills.
The Employer Job Offer category is designed to help employers fill labour gaps in professional, managerial and in-demand occupations with foreign workers and international students. Candidates can apply from within or outside Canada.
- Full-time and permanent job offer from an employer in one of the participating communities.
- Meet the criteria for one of the Employer Job Offer category streams (see below).
Number of Nominations
Approximately 150 Employer Job Offer nominations have been set aside for the pilot.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream Eligibility Requirements
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid
- Two cumulative years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application;
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position so requires;
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.