Eighteen occupations were targeted under the latest Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream draw in Ontario that saw 486 Notifications of Interests (NOI) issued on Wednesday.
The Oct. 6 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw saw NOIs issued to candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 463 and 467 points.
Read More Canada Immigration News
- Major Demand For Canada Jobs In Nursing, Manufacturing, Hospitality After COVID-19
- Canada Urged To Look To Immigrants To Solve Severe Skilled Trades Labour Shortage
- Confirming Your Canadian Permanent Residence Online: All You Need To Know
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles within the last year to qualify.
The draw targeted National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for jobs in finance, advertising, sales, human resources and healthcare.
Express Entry Human Capital Priorities: Targeted Occupations For Latest Draw
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
The OINP issues periodic NOIs throughout the year.
This stream is designed for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Ontario, and who have proven skills and abilities to successfully establish themselves in the province.
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1-year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by the director under periodic draws.
Ontario will select eligible applicants from the Express Entry Pool. Candidates must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the HCP stream AND
- Meet the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score.
The application for nomination must be submitted within 45 calendar days from the NOI. An application fee of $1,500 is due at this time.
If the application is approved, the candidate will receive a nomination certificate and 600 points under their Express Entry profile.