Ontario has issued 1,179 Notifications of Interest to Canada immigration candidates in a new Tech Draw through the province’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on September 28, with the invited candidates scoring 496 or more Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates must submit Express Entry profiles within the last 12 months.
Tech Draws targets six technology occupations:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Ontario French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw: Province Issues 363 NOIs Targeting Tech, Health Jobs
Largest-Ever Masters Graduate Draw Sees Ontario Issue 823 Canada Immigration Invitations
Ontario PNP Tech Draws: Which Occupations Qualify?
What Are the Ontario Express Entry Requirements: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.