The December 11 draw was the first under the Skilled Trades stream since March. It brings the total number of Skilled Trades NOIs issued in 2019 to 1,399.
To qualify for the latest draw, candidates needed to have submitted Express Entry profiles between December 11, 2018 and December 11, 2019.
Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream 2019
|Date||NOIs||Express Entry profile submission date|
|11-12-2019||667||Dec 11, 2018 to Dec 11, 2019|
|21-03-2019||361||Mar 21 2018 to Mar 21 2019|
|24-01-2019||371||Jan 24 2018 to Jan 24 2019|
Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades Stream
The Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream targets skilled trades workers in the construction and agricultural sectors but could be expanded in the future.
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- At least 12 months of paid cumulative or continuous Ontario work experience with the last two years prior to your Notification of Interest in National Occupation Classification 633, or major groups 72, 73 or 82;
- Proof of Ontario license or certification if your occupation so requires;
- A valid work permit and be resident in Ontario at the time of application;
- English or French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 or above in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- Proof of settlement fund to cover you and your dependents, with the minimum amount determined by official Low-Income Cut-Offs.
Skilled Trades candidates were the subject of 18 Ontario draws in 2018, with a total of 1,626 ITAs issued.
The stream has no minimum points requirement.
Ontario also conducts draws for its Human Capital Priorities, French-Speaking Skilled Worker and Entrepreneur Stream throughout the year.
Ontario NOIs Issued So Far in 2019
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||6,958|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||549|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||1,399|