Ontario has issued 2,349 invitations targeting healthcare occupations for Canada immigration in a new draw through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on May 8 and invited candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 427 and 482.
The draw targeted the following occupations:
- NOC 30010 – Managers in health care
- NOC 31100 – Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- NOC 31101 – Specialists in surgery
- NOC 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
- NOC 31103 – Veterinarians
- NOC 31110 – Dentists
- NOC 31111 – Optometrists
- NOC 31112 – Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- NOC 31120 – Pharmacists
- NOC 31121 – Dietitians and nutritionists
- NOC 31201 – Chiropractors
- NOC 31202 – Physiotherapists
- NOC 31203 – Occupational therapists
- NOC 31204 – Kinesiologists and other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 31209 – Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 31302 – Nurse practitioners
- NOC 31303 – Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
- NOC 32100 – Opticians
- NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 32102 – Paramedical occupations
- NOC 32103 – Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- NOC 32104 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- NOC 32109 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 32110 – Denturists
- NOC 32111 – Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- NOC 32112 – Dental technologists and technicians
- NOC 32120 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 32121 – Medical radiation technologists
- NOC 32122 – Medical sonographers
- NOC 32123 – Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
- NOC 32124 – Pharmacy technicians
- NOC 32129 – Other medical technologists and technicians
- NOC 32200 – Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists
- NOC 32201 – Massage therapists
- NOC 32209 – Other practitioners of natural healing
- NOC 33100 – Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33101 – Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations
- NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 – Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 33109 – Other assisting occupations in support of health services
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
Latest Ontario Human Capital Priorities Draws
|Date||Number of NOIs issued||CRS score range||Express Entry profiles created||Notes|
|08-05-23||2,349||427-482||May 8, 2022 – May 8, 2023||Targeted draw – Health draw|
Read More Canada Immigration News
Ontario Invites 1,863 Canada Express Entry Candidates Targeting Tech Occupations
Ontario Immigration Act: Province Names 20 Employers And Representatives Fined For Contraventions
Ontario Targets Agriculture And Construction Occupations In New Canada Immigration Draw
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1 year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian bachelor degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by director under periodic draws.