Ontario has issued 936 Notifications of Interest to Canada immigration candidates in a new Tech Draw through the province’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on December 19, with the invited candidates scoring between 484 and 490 Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles within the last 12 months.
The draw targeted the following occupations:
- 21211 – Data Scientists
- 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- 21230 – Computer systems developers and programmers
- 21232 – Software developers and programmers
- 21234 – Web developers and programmers
- 21233 – Web designers
- 21223 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 21311 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
Read More Canada Immigration News
Ontario Issues 160 NOIs Targeting 35 Jobs In New French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw
Ontario Updates Expression of Interest Scoring With Launch Of NOC 2021 For Canada Immigration
Here Are Ontario’s 10 Most-In Demand Jobs
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1 year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian bachelor degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by director under periodic draws.