Ontario immigration opened the popular Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream this week, receiving an intake limit of 1,250 registrations.
The popular Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) stream opened and closed in a matter of hours on Wednesday, October 21.
A provincial statement said the application intake for the stream will be monitored before deciding whether to open it again in 2020.
Ontario required each registration to be submitted with the most recent version of the Employer Form completed and dated no earlier than October 21. This was to ensure all the information contained on the form is current.
Ontario Targets 6 Occupations with 772 NOIs in New Provincial Express Entry Tech Draw
Ontario Immigration Receives 1,215 Registrations for Masters Graduate Stream
Ontario Immigration to Introduce Expression of Interest System
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- Two cumulative years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application;
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position so requires;
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Under the Employer Job Offer streams, the business must also meet the following requirements:
- Active business for the past three years.
- Business premises in Ontario.
- In compliance with all the employment, health and safety legislation.
- If located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- If located outside GTA: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: Demonstrate recruitment efforts if the applicant is living outside Canada or is working in Canada but outside Ontario.
- If the applicant is currently working in Ontario, this requirement is waived.