Ontario has targeted health and technology occupations for Canada immigration with two new draws through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draws took place on February 2, with a total of 1,902 Notifications of Interest issues.
The draw targeting health jobs saw 775 NOIs issues with a Comprehensive Ranking System score range of 476 to 489 points.
It targeted the following occupations:
- NOC 30010 – Managers in healthcare
- NOC 31100 – Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- NOC 31101 – Specialists in surgery
- NOC 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
- NOC 31103 – Veterinarians
- NOC 31110 – Dentists
- NOC 31111 – Optometrists
- NOC 31112 – Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- NOC 31120 – Pharmacists
- NOC 31121 – Dietitians and nutritionists
- NOC 31201 – Chiropractors
- NOC 31202 – Physiotherapists
- NOC 31203 – Occupational therapists
- NOC 31204 – Kinesiologists and other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 31209 – Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 31302 – Nurse practitioners
- NOC 31303 – Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
- NOC 32100 – Opticians
- NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 32102 – Paramedical occupations
- NOC 32103 – Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- NOC 32104 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- NOC 32109 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 32110 – Denturists
- NOC 32111 – Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- NOC 32112 – Dental technologists and technicians
- NOC 32120 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 32121 – Medical radiation technologists
- NOC 32122 – Medical sonographers
- NOC 32123 – Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
- NOC 32124 – Pharmacy technicians
- NOC 32129 – Other medical technologists and technicians
- NOC 32200 – Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists
- NOC 32201 – Massage therapists
- NOC 32209 – Other practitioners of natural healing
- NOC 33100 – Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33101 – Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations
- NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 – Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 33109 – Other assisting occupations in support of health services
The draw targeting technology occupations saw 1,127 NOIs issued to candidates with CRS scores between 481 and 489.
The draw targeted the following occupations:
- NOC 20012 – Computer and information systems managers
- NOC 21211 – Data Scientists
- NOC 21223 – Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC 21230 – Computer systems developers and programmers
- NOC 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC 21232 – Software developers and programmers
- NOC 21233 – Web designers
- NOC 21234 – Web developers and programmers
- NOC 21311 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
Latest Ontario Human Capital Priorities Draws
|Date||Number of NOIs issued||CRS score range||Express Entry profiles created||Notes|
|02-Feb-23||1,127||481-489||February 2, 2022 – February 2, 2023||Targeted draw – Tech draw|
|775||476-489||February 2, 2022 – February 2, 2023||Targeted draw – Health draw|
Pharmacy Assistants Now Qualify For Immigration Through Canada’s Express Entry System
Ontario Draw: Province Targets 53 Tech and Health Occupations With 611 Canada Immigration Invites
Canada Express Entry: Aircraft Assemblers Now Qualify To Immigrate To Canada
What Are the Ontario Express Entry Requirements: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and qualify for the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1 year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian bachelor degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by director under periodic draws.