The permanent closure of the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream has been announced by Nova Scotia immigration.
Category A of the stream, for candidates with a job offer, will permanently close as of January 4, 2021. Category B, aimed at candidates with skills and experience in in-demand jobs, has already been closed. It had not been opened for an application window since 2018.
A message on the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) website said the province had enjoyed more success by targeting candidates through the Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream.
“The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream is more targeted and efficient in selection and processing,” the NSNP message said. “Only eligible candidates will receive invitations to apply based on draw criteria.”
Candidates With Job Offers Targeted in Nova Scotia Immigration Draw
Nova Scotia Immigration Draw Targets Programmers and Developers Under NOC 2174
Nova Scotia Conducts First Business Draw Since Start of Coronavirus Pandemic
Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
The Labour Market Priorities stream is designed to allow the province to single out specific occupations for immigration.
The stream targets occupations for Letters of Interest.
Draws have been conducted aimed at:
- Registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123).
- Carpenters (NOC 7271).
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111).
- Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
- Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
- Motor vehicle body repairers and automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOCs 7322 or 7321).
- Programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174).
Draws have also been conducted aimed at French-speaking candidates and those with a job offer.
Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities: Requirements
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.