The March 16 draw targeted two categories of candidates.
The first category featured candidates scoring 578 points or above in the Quebec Expression of Interest points system. These candidates were also in one of the following 28 occupations:
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
- 5223 Graphic arts technicians
- 4031 Secondary school teachers
- 4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2231 Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
- 2233 Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
- 2144 Geological engineers
- 2143 Mining engineers
- 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
Candidates with a job offer outside of the Montreal metropolitan area were targeted in the second category. There was no minimum score for these candidates.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2023
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Minimum Score||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|16-03-23||619||578||March 13, 2023 at 6.30am|
Read More Canada Immigration News
Quebec Issues 1,017 Canada Immigration Invitations In New Provincial Draw
Temporary foreign workers in Quebec see province more than double workplace safety officers
Quebec Boosts Funding For Young Immigrant Settlement Services
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile via Arrima.
- Profiles enter into an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other using a points system and are valid for 12 months.
- The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via periodic draws.
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Points System
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system is used to rank profiles submitted via Arrima to the Expression of Interest bank, with the highest-ranked profiles invited to apply for Quebec immigration under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates and their spouse or common-law partner can score up to 1,320 points based on human capital and Quebec labour market factors.
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system involves points in two categories, with some including points for the spouse of common law partner of the principal candidate.
- Human capital factors:
- French language ability.
- French and English combined.
- Work experience.
- Quebec labour market factors:
- Work experience in a field with a labour shortage.
- Qualifications in one of Quebec’s areas of training.
- Level of Quebec education.
- Professional experience in Quebec.
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada.
- Job offer inside or outside Greater Montreal.