Details have been released of the first 2020 draw to take place through Quebec’s Arrima Expression of Interest system.
In the January 16 draw, 23 Quebec immigration invitations were issued.
The candidates invited met the following criteria:
- Their application to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program under the old system was terminated as part of the governing Coalition Avenir Quebec’s Bill 9.
- They filed an Arrima Expression of Interest before December 17, 2019.
- They were in one of the following situations:
- Their terminated application was submitted pursuant to section 5.01 of the Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals, OR
- They were in Quebec on June 16, 2019 while holding a study or work permit.
Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
The was the first draw of 2020. Quebec issued a total of 2,072 invitations in nine draws in 2019.
‘Simply Not Enough Skilled Workers’: 20,000 Vacancies In Quebec Manufacturing
Quebec Immigration Publishes Details of Latest Expression of Interest Draw
Latest Quebec Expression of Interest Draw Sees 32 Invitations Issued
Quebec Immigration January 16 Draw
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|16-Jan-20||23||January 16, 2020 at 6.30am|