British Columbia immigration has conducted a new Entrepreneur Immigration draw, issuing at least 9 invitations.
The November 11 British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program draw featured invites through the general and regional pilot category of the province’s Entrepreneur stream.
For the general category, 8 invites were issued with a minimum score of 120 points.
Through the regional pilot, ‘less than 5’ invitations were issued with a minimum score of 114 points. The number of invites was listed as ‘less than 5’ to protect the identity of those invited.
A further draw took place on October 4 through the general category. It saw 5 invitations issued and a minimum score of116.
Requirements for the Canada immigration stream are below.
What Was the Minimum Score For The Latest B.C. Entrepreneur Draw?
|Date||Category||Minimum Score||Invites Issued|
|08-11-22||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||120||8|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot||114||<5|
|04-10-22||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||116||5|
Read More Canada Immigration News
New Scoring System For British Columbia’s Skills Immigration Category
British Columbia Issues At Least 366 Canada Immigration Invitations In New PNP Draw
British Columbia PNP Draw: Province Issues At Least 231 Canada Immigration Invitations
What Are The Requirements For The B.C. Entrepreneur Category?
Business candidates in this British Columbia immigration category must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Personal net worth of minimum $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest minimum $200,000 in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business in BC.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, BY THE TIME OF NOMINATION.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside.
British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
The Entrepreneur Regional Pilot aims to attract motivated and experienced entrepreneurs to open a business in smaller communities of British Columbia and contribute to their specific labour needs.
The Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- Net worth of minimum $300,000.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum of 51% ownership in the new business.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit in the target community