A steady trickle of candidates are being invited to apply for permanent residence through the Entrepreneur Stream of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program.
Four draws have been conducted since March, with the number of invitations issued most often listed as ‘less than five’ due to the province’s policy of protecting the identity of candidates.
The draws have seen invites issued through both the general category and the regional pilot category of the program.
The key differences between the two streams are that the net worth and investment requirements are halved for the regional pilot category, which focuses on attracting entrepreneurs to communities outside major population areas.
Full candidate requirements for both streams are listed below.
Read More Canada Immigration News
British Columbia Issues At least 195 Canada Immigration Invitations In New PNP Draw
British Columbia Announces $7-Million to Help New Immigrants Find Jobs in the Province
British Columbia PNP Draws: Province Issues At Least 226 Canada Immigration Invitations
B.C. Entrepreneur Stream Draws
|Date||Stream||Minimum Score||Invitations Issued|
|01-08-23||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||117||<5|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot||123||<5|
|20-06-23||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||119||<5|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot||152||<5|
|09-05-23||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||115||10|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot||119||<5|
|30-03-23||Entrepreneur Immigration General Category||115||7|
Entrepreneur Immigration General Category: Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- The personal net worth of minimum $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest minimum $200,000 in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business in BC.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, BY THE TIME OF NOMINATION.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside.
Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot: Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- Net worth of minimum $300,000.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum of 51% ownership in the new business.
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 4 In English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit in the target community
Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot: Eligibility Requirements for Communities
- A population of fewer than 75,000 people.
- Located beyond 30km of a municipality of more than 75,000 people.
- Demonstrate capacity to support the entrepreneur through a network of established settlement and business support agencies.