Ontario has issued 295 Canada immigration invitations in a new Expression of Interest draw through its Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skilled stream.
The April 11 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program draw required a minimum score of 30 through the Ontario Expression of Interest system. It was a general draw, targeting all occupations.
To qualify for the draw, candidates needed to have a job offer and have created profiles between November 22, 2022 to April 11, 2023.
The In-Demand Skills stream focuses on jobs in agriculture and construction.
Qualifying for Jobs Anywhere In Ontario
- NOC 44101 – Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
- NOC 65202 – Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- NOC 75110 – Construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 84120 – Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- NOC 85100 – Livestock labourers
- NOC 85101 – Harvesting labourers
- NOC 85103 – Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- NOC 94141 – Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Qualifying Jobs Outside the Greater Toronto Area
- NOC 94100 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 94105 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 94106 – Machining tool operators
- NOC 94107 – Machine operators of other metal products
- NOC 94110 – Chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 94111 – Plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 94124 – Woodworking machine operators
- NOC 94132 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 94140 – Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- NOC 94201 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 94204 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 94213 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 94219 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- NOC 95102 – Labourers in chemical products processing and utilities
Full requirements for the mentioned stream are included further down this article.
Ontario Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream Expression of Interest Draw
|Date issued||Number of invitations issued||Date profiles created||Score range||Notes|
|April 11, 2023||295||November 22, 2022 – April 11, 2023||30 and above||General Draw|
Ontario Issues 883 Canada Immigration Invitations In International Graduate PNP Draw
As Immigration Grows, Ontario Injects $25m Into OINP
Ontario’s PNP Nomination Allocation Set To Double To 18,000 By 2025
The Ontario EOI system manages application intake for the following streams:
- Employer Job Offer category
- Foreign Worker stream
- International Student stream
- In-Demand Skills stream
- Masters Graduate
- Ph.D. Graduate
Ontario Expression of Interest Ranking System
Points are awarded based on the following attributes:
- Level and field of education and where they completed their studies.
- Proficiency in English or French.
- Intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skill and work experience level, earnings history, other factors relevant to prospects in Ontario job market.
- Labour market needs in the province or region of the province.
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under certain occupations in the agriculture or construction sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation, and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full-time or the equivalent amount in part-time work in Ontario.
- Seasonal work does not count.
- Equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French in all language competencies.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.