Ontario has issued 1,696 invitations targeting family doctors and nurses for Canada immigration in a new draw through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on September 26 and invited candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 350 and 462.
The draw targeted the following occupations:
- NOC 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
- NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
Meanwhile, Ontario conducted a further draw on September 25 targeting Entrepreneur Stream candidates.
It saw 10 invitations issued to candidates scoring between 136 and 163.
Latest Ontario Human Capital Priorities Draws
|Date||Number of NOIs issued||CRS score range||Express Entry profiles created||Notes|
|26-09-23||1,696||350-462||September 26, 2022 – September 26, 2023||Targeted draw – Health draw|
Latest Ontario Entrepreneur Draw
|Date||Invitations Issued||Minimum score range|
Read More Canada Immigration News
Ontario French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw: Province Issues 63 Canada Immigration Invitations
Ontario Targets International Graduates With 537 Invitations To Apply For Canada Immigration
Construction Worker Shortage Reaches 72,000 in Canada’s Ontario
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1 year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian bachelor degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by director under periodic draws.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Financial Requirements
1) Net Worth
- Minimum net worth of $800,000 if your proposed business will be in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Outside the GTA, minimum net worth is $400,000.
- Proposed business in either ICT or digital communications, minimum net worth is $400,000 anywhere in province.
2) Investment and Ownership
- Invest at least $600,000 in an Ontario business and own at least 33 per cent if business is in GTA.
- Outside GTA, invest at least $200,000 and own at least 33 per cent.
- Proposed business in either ICT or digital communications, invest at least $200,000 and own at least 33 per cent anywhere in province.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Non-Financial Requirements
- At least 24 months of full-time business experience in the past 60 months, as an owner or senior manager.
- Create two full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the proposed company if located inside the GTA. Business located outside the GTA, or in either ICT or digital communications, must create one full time job.
- Make exploratory visit to Ontario in the 12 months prior to application. Note: This only applies to those buying an existing business.
- Minimum CLB 4 in English or French.
- Physically reside in Ontario for at least 75% of the time you are managing the business.