Quebec immigration has conducted a new draw through the Arrima Expression of Interest system, issuing 1,017 Canada immigration invitations to apply.
The March 2 draw targeted two categories of candidates.
The first category featured candidates scoring 589 points or above in the Quebec Expression of Interest points system.
Candidates with a job offer outside of the Montreal metropolitan area were targeted in the second category. There was no minimum score.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2023
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Minimum Score||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|02-03-23||1,017||589||February 27, 2023 at 6.30am|
|16-02-23||1,011||583||February 13, 2023 at 6.30am|
|09-02-23||1,011||619||February 6, 2023 at 6.30am|
Read More Canada Immigration News
Temporary Foreign Workers In Quebec See Province More Than Double Workplace Safety Officers
Quebec Boosts Funding For Young Immigrant Settlement Services
Quebec Issues 1,011 Canada Immigration Invitations In New Provincial Draw
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile via Arrima.
- Profiles enter into an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other using a points system and are valid for 12 months.
- The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via periodic draws.
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Points System
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system is used to rank profiles submitted via Arrima to the Expression of Interest bank, with the highest-ranked profiles invited to apply for Quebec immigration under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates and their spouses or common-law partner can score up to 1,320 points based on human capital and Quebec labour market factors.
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system involves points in two categories, with some including points for the spouse of common law partner of the principal candidate.
- Human capital factors:
- French language ability.
- French and English combined.
- Work experience.
- Quebec labour market factors:
- Work experience in a field with a labour shortage.
- Qualifications in one of Quebec’s areas of training.
- Level of Quebec education.
- Professional experience in Quebec.
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada.
- Job offer inside or outside Greater Montreal.
Quebec publishes lists of High Demand Occupations and Areas of Training that weigh considerably in the assessment.