The April 3 draw saw the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score drop by a point to 451 compared to the previous draw.
A tie-breaking cut-off date of January 9, 2019 at just before 3.35am EST was used for the draw. If more than one profile has the same score, the date the profile was submitted is used to decide which receives an ITA.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada have now issued ITAs to 24,550 candidates in 2019, against a high-skilled immigration intake target of 81,400.
Canada’s immigration ministry broke the record for annual Express Entry ITAs in 2018 with 89,800.
What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is an immigration system implemented by Canadian immigration authorities (IRCC) on January 1, 2015 which manages skilled worker applications under Federal Economic programs. This includes the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program the Canada Experience Class and parts of the Provincial Nomination Programs.
- Express Entry First Quarter Review: Canada Makes Strong Start to 2019
- Canada Immigration: 2018 Year in Review
- The 9-Month Review: Canada Express Entry Sees Busiest Quarter Of 2018 With 22,800 ITAs Issued
- First Half 2018 Express Entry Results Shows Consistency in Required CRS Scores
- 2018 Express Entry First Quarter Review
- Canada Immigration: 2017 Year in Review
- 2016 Express Entry Year-End report