Nova Scotia immigration has issued invitations to apply to Entrepreneur Stream candidates in a new business immigration draw.
The draw, which took place on February 24, saw 43 invitations issued through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, with the lowest-ranked candidate scoring 118 points.
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Draw Details
|Draw date||Stream||Number of invitations||Score of lowest-ranked candidate invited|
Nova Scotia Immigration Draw: Invites Issued To Financial Officers Under NOC 1114
Record Immigration Approvals Boost Nova Scotia Population To All-Time High
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Draws See 36 Invitations Issued
Watch the Video
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream
The Nova Scotia Entrepreneur stream targets candidates with business ownership or senior management experience. They must live in Nova Scotia, either start a new business or buy an existing business, and actively participate in the day-to-day management of that business.
Under the Entrepreneur stream, candidates are first issued a temporary work permit before applying for permanent residence after operating the business for a year. The stream uses an Expression of Interest format, where candidates in a pool are invited to apply.
How Do I Qualify For The Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream?
- Expression of Interest
- Invitation to Apply
- In Person Interview and Business Performance Agreement
- Work Permit and Business Establishment in Nova Scotia
- Request for Nomination
- Apply for Permanent Residence
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream: Candidate Requirements
- Be aged 21 or older.
- Want to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business.
- Minimum net worth of $600,000.
- Minimum investment of $150,000 to establish or purchase a business in Nova Scotia.
- Minimum 3 years of experience actively managing and owning a business (33 per cent ownership minimum) OR more than 5 years of experience in a senior business management role.
- Score minimum of 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French.