Ontario’s Employer Job Offer streams for International Students and Foreign Workers opened for applications on Tuesday, March 3.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program officials initially opened the International Student stream, before also opening the Foreign Worker stream later in the day.
Both streams are now closed, having reached their intake limits. Ontario did not say what those intake limits were.
Ontario Targets 10 Occupations With 486 NOIs In New Provincial Draw
Ontario Immigration To Add 13 Manufacturing NOC Codes Under Employer Job Offer Category
First Tech Draw of 2020 Sees Ontario Immigration Issue 954 NOIs
The International Student stream was last open on April 26, 2019, while the Foreign Worker stream last accepted applications on September 24, 2019.
Meanwhile, the OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream remains open to applications.
New Manufacturing NOC Codes
The OINP is planning to add 13 manufacturing jobs to the eligible occupations under the Employer Job Offer category.
The consultation ended on Monday on the changes, which were announced on January 16, 2020.
Candidates for the proposed new National Occupational Classification codes will only be eligible if their job offer is outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
Employer Job Offer Category: 13 Proposed New NOC Codes
- 9537 Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- 9417 Machining tool operators
- 9536 Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- 9422 Plastics processing machine operators
- 9446 Industrial sewing machine operators
- 9416 Metalworking and forging machine operators
- 9411 Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9421 Chemical plant machine operators
- 9523 Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- 9461 Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9437 Woodworking machine operators
- 9418 Other metal products machine operators
- 9526 Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
The new NOC codes would be added to the existing 10 that already apply specifically to the In-Demand Skilled stream, with no geographical limitation.
Eligible occupations for the In-Demand Skills stream
|National Occupations Classification||Job Title|
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
|NOC 7511||Transport truck drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operators (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farmworkers|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers|
As well as adding the NOC codes, the amendment also proposes to remove settlement fund requirements for the category and introduce limits on the number of applications for approval of an employment position that can be submitted in a calendar year.
The removal of the settlement fund requirement is intended to reduce the administrative burden on OINP staff.
The limited number of applications will apply only to the International Student and Foreign Worker streams.